Mrs Mac’s supports sustainable development and is committed to environmentally sound business practices. We conduct our bakery in a manner that respects and protects the quality of the environment, striving towards limiting emissions to the water, air and land and the efficient use of resources.
We believe that all Mrs Mac’s employees and everyone associated with the Family Bakery have an important role to play in achieving our environmental objectives and targets. We have an internal committee dedicated to examining ways to implement our environmental commitments.
To this end we will:
- Include environmental considerations in our annual business plan to ensure that environmental management remains an integral part of our operations.
- Provide appropriate information, communication and training to build internal and external understanding of the company's environmental commitment.
- Encourage a similar environmental commitment from our material suppliers and contractors.
- Identify and implement ways to improve the efficiency with which we use resources including water, energy, packaging, chemicals and raw materials.
- Reduce, re-use and recycle our on-site wastes wherever practicable to ensure that we dispose of our key wastes safely and with minimal impact.
- Annually review our environmental objectives and targets to continually improve our environmental performance.