The entry period for the competition will run from 8am Monday 17 August to 5pm Friday 11 September 2020 (AWST) at which time public voting will occur (awarding of final winner 23 September 2020).
How to Enter:
The Entrant needs to post a “Pie-oneering” recipe at mrsmacs.com.au/pieoneer for the chance to concept, name and ultimately receive a supply of their very own branded pie.
All entries will close at 5pm Friday 11 September.
The selection of the winning pie recipe will be adjudged through two phases:
- Shortlist: The top four entries will be selected by the Mrs Mac’s competition panel (“judges”) as the final shortlist
- Public voting: In the week of the 14 September – 20 September the public voting of the final shortlist will take place on the Mrs Mac’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/mrsmacsbakery)
- Semi-final 1: 14 – 16 September: Two shortlisted pies go head to head via a social poll
- Semi final 2: 17 – 19 September: Next two shortlisted pies go head to head
- Grand Final: 20 September: Winning two pies go to a public vote to be named the winning pie.
MAJOR PRIZE WINNER:
- The winning “Pie-oneer” entry will receive their very own named branded pie which will be officially produced. The winner also will receive a year’s supply of a variety of Mrs Mac’s pies (one carton per month).
- In addition they will receive an official certificate and acknowledgement (including a radio interview on NOVA ) to announce them as the 2020 Official Mrs Mac’s Pieoneer.
- To be awarded on 23 September at 5pm AWST. Winner Notification and Claiming Prize
- The shortlist will be judged by the Mrs Mac’s Head Chef, product development and marketing teams.
- Entries deemed to have the most taste and flavour and be ultimately marketable will be named the Final Shortlist
- The final selected pie will be chosen via a public vote on Facebook
- Any decision made by Mrs Mac’s Pies in respect to the Promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Winners will be notified by email, telephone or through a message on their social media account.
- Mrs Mac’s will arrange a time for the delivery of the prize once it has produced.
Terms and Conditions
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- The competition period will run from 8am Monday 17 August to 5pm Friday 23 September 2020 (AWST).
- Entry is open to Australian residents with an Australian postal address only.
- Entrants are entitled to submit multiple entries.
- The winning entries must conform to all terms and conditions. No responsibility will be accepted for late, lost, incomplete or misdirected entries. The Promoter (Mrs Mac’s Pies) reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel the promotion or disqualify any entrant who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these terms and conditions, or engaged in unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such a person are reserved.
- If the Winner cannot be contacted within one month of the Promotion end date of 18 September (i.e. attempts to contact the Winner have met with failure), the Winner will no longer be entitled to the Prize and the Promoter may undertake a re-draw at a time and place determined by the Promoter. In such case, the first valid runner up will be selected based on merit and will be entitled to the Prize (Replacement Winner). The Replacement Winner is then the Winner of the Prize for the purposes of these terms and conditions.
- If the Prize is not possible to be delivered for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to any applicable statutory requirements.
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
- Any individual who meets entry requirements is in the running to win. Corporate entries will not be considered eligible.
- No compensation will be payable if a Winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter.
- The warranty on the goods and services obtained as a result of the Promotion remains the sole responsibility of the supplier/service provider of the Prize.
- The Promoter, its related bodies corporate, their officers, employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury whatsoever (including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential loss) suffered or sustained in connection with this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever a Winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the prize is forfeited by the Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
- By entering the Promotion, the entrants hereby give Mrs Mac’s Pies (the Promoter) consent to use new pie idea, their name, likeness or image (including photograph or recording) (should they be the Winner or Replacement Winner) for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition. A photo may be taken of the Winners (or Replacement Winners).
- The Promotion is open to all persons except employees, contractors, agents or families of Mrs Mac’s Pies, Clarity Communications or Firefly360.
- By partaking in the Promotion, entrants agree that the Promoter may use information provided on a Registration or in connection with claiming the Prize for the purpose of the competition.
- The Prize must be taken as offered and is not transferable, refundable or exchangeable for cash or kind and is subject to these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter (including its related entities) and its respective officers, employees, contractors and agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential economic loss) or for personal injury suffered or sustained, as a result of the Promotion or in connection with a Prize.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the Prize.
- Any rights associated with the new pie idea will be transferred to Mrs Mac’s on entry.