Mrs Mac’s supports sustainable development and is committed to environmentally sound business practices. We conduct our business in a manner that respects and protects the quality of the environment, striving towards limiting emissions to the water, air and land and the efficient use of resources.
We believe that all Mrs Mac’s employees and everyone associated with the Company have an important role to play in achieving our environmental objectives and targets.
To this end we will:
- Include environmental considerations in our annual business plan to ensure that environmental management remains an integral part of our operations.
- Provide appropriate information, communication and training to build internal and external understanding of the company's environmental commitment.
- Encourage a similar environmental commitment from our material suppliers and contractors.
- Identify and implement ways to improve the efficiency with which we use resources including water, energy, packaging, chemicals and raw materials.
- Reduce, re-use and recycle our on-site wastes wherever practicable to ensure that we dispose of our key wastes safely and with minimal impact.
- Annually review our environmental objectives and targets to continually improve our environmental performance.
We have an internal committee dedicated to examining ways to implement our environmental commitments.
Mrs Mac’s Pty Ltd sources recyclable packaging wherever possible.
All packaging includes a recycle logo and statement encouraging thoughtful disposal.
Steps are also taken throughout the whole production process to ensure waste is minimised.
Australian Packaging Covenant
Mrs Mac’s Pty Ltd is a signatory to the Australian National Packaging Covenant. This is a self-regulatory agreement between industries in the packaging chain and all spheres of government, based on the principles of shared responsibility through product stewardship. It is applied throughout the packaging chain, from raw material suppliers to retailers, and the ultimate disposal of waste packaging.
The goals of the Covenant are to:
- Minimise the environmental impacts of consumer packaging waste throughout the entire life cycle of the packaging product.
- Close the recycling loop.
- Develop economically viable and sustainable recycling collection systems.
- Ensure that the voluntary process continues.
To view the latest APC Action Plan, click here.